Connecting a smartphone or tablet to a TV with a cable or HDMI lead can be a tedious task. For example, if you want to connect a smartphone to a TV, you need to find the correct HDMI cable that will connect with the phone. If the phone doesn’t have an LCD display, you need to connect it to a cable that will give the TV a screen. It’s a nightmare. And if you have a tablet, you need to find the correct HDMI cable that will connect with your tablet.
I recently upgraded to a Vizio 4K TV, and I am loving it. It has tons of features, and it’s very easy to access. However, there’s one thing I have had problems with: trying to connect my Android phone or iPhone to the TV. Although it is possible to connect devices through the TV’s built-in app, I am most interested in using my phone to control the TV through the app.
As soon as I saw the Vizio D50u-D1 HDTV with Chromecast built-in, I thought I’d be able to use it with my Android tablet. I figured I wouldn’t need to officially purchase Chromecast app from the Android app store, since it’s already available from Amazon Appstore for Android. Turns out, I was wrong. What I was able to do was to stream my home videos from my tablet to my TV using a custom URL.
The price point at which Vizio TVs are offered, as well as the amount of features available, make them popular. Smart TVs may be used to view OTT material, surf the internet, and even show papers and slides as a presentation screen. You can get the most out of your Vizio Smart TV with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connections. Today, we’ll look at how to link your phone to a Vizio Smart TV.
Screen mirroring or screen casting are two ways to connect to a Vizio Smart TV. What this implies is that you may instantly share the screen of your Android or iOS smartphone with your Vizio Smart TV. What’s the point of your screencast? Perhaps you’d want to use the larger screen to do some online searches or to display a few pictures taken with your phone. While this may seem intriguing, continue reading to learn how to cast your Android, iOS, or Windows smartphone to a Vizio Smart TV.
[Android] How to link your phone to your Vizio Smart TV
The greatest part about the methods below is that you won’t have to install or sideload any third-party apps on your Android phone. Yes, even without the Vizio SmartCast Mobile app, Google Home app, or any other casting app, you may broadcast content. Let’s get started with the steps.
- First and foremost, turn on your Vizio Smart TV.
- Open the settings menu on your Android smartphone and look for screencast/screen mirror/smart view/screen share/wireless display.
- On different Android devices, the choice will have a different name.
- After that, you’ll want to choose the choice.
- Your Android smartphone will automatically search for nearby wireless screens to project onto.
- When you’ve found your Vizio Smart TV in the device list.
- The Android smartphone and the Vizio smart TV will now be connected.
You can now mirror anything on the Vizio Smart TV thanks to the screencast feature. You may not be able to cast video to your Vizio Smart TV if you have a mobile-only subscription for different streaming services.
How can I hook up my iPhone to my Vizio Smart TV?
You’ll want to make sure your iOS smartphone and Vizio Smart TV are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- You’ll need to activate AirPlay on your Vizio Smart TV immediately.
- Press the home button on the Vizio TV remote to do so.
- At the top of the screen, choose the Extras tab.
- Select AirPlay from the drop-down menu. It will now be available for you to switch on. Turn it on.
- You’ll want to launch the Control Center on your iOS device.
- Simply choose the Screen Mirroring tile and touch it.
- It should now offer a list of AirPlay wireless displays for you to choose from. Choose your Vizio Smart TV from the drop-down menu.
- A four-digit code will now appear on the Smart TV. Put it on your iPhone or iPad.
- Your iPhone or iPad is now linked to your Vizio Smart TV.
Here are a few things to bear in mind.
- The AirPlay function should be built-in to your Vizio Smart TV, and it should be running the most recent software version.
- Your iOS device must be running iOS 12.4 or above, and your macOS machine must be running Mojave 10.14.5 or higher.
Connecting a PC to a Vizio Smart TV
You can screencast from your Windows PC to your Vizio Smart TV if you have one. This allows you to use your large screen Vizio Smart TV to surf the internet, show presentations, watch movies, play games, and even do some productive work.
- Open Google Chrome on your Windows 10 computer. If you don’t already have it, you can get it right now.
- Make sure your Vizio Smart TV and your computer are both connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Click the three-dot menu on the right side of the search bar once Chrome is open.
- Select Cast from the popup menu.
- It’ll pull out the cast tray and begin looking for wireless displays that are connected to the Wi-Fi network.
- Select your Vizio Smart TV after you’ve found it.
- Chrome will now let you to choose whether you want to cast Google Chrome or the desktop.
- Picking Chrome will just cast the browser, while selecting Desktop would cast the whole system.
- And with that, you’ve successfully linked your Windows 10 PC to your Vizio Smart TV.
Now that you know how to connect any Android, iOS, or Windows smartphone to your Vizio Smart TV, you can enjoy viewing material on the large screen while listening to audio from the TV. When it comes to games, however, there may be some delays, which is to be expected when casting wirelessly rather than via a direct HDMI cable input to the TV.
More Related Content:
Look at your TV and think about how much of the technology that works within it was actually created years ago. A lot of it is actually quite old, and while the quality of many TVs has improved dramatically over the years, the technology has not been radically changed. That’s not the case with Vizio TVs, however. In the past couple of years, Vizio has introduced new technology that has enhanced the viewing experience on their TVs.. Read more about connect android phone to vizio tv and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I connect my iPhone to my Vizio Smart TV?
No, the Vizio Smart TV does not support Apple devices.
How do I connect my Android phone to my Vizio Smart TV?
You can connect your Android phone to the TV using an HDMI cable.
How do I connect my computer to my Vizio Smart TV?
You will need to connect your computer to the TV using an HDMI cable.