It’s a process that thousands of Android users have already completed. If you own a Xiaomi Redmi 10, rooting your device might be a desirable thing. This tutorial will walk you through the process of rooting your device.
Is there a way to root Xiaomi Redmi 10? Is there a way to unlock Bootloader?
Xiaomi is a Chinese smartphone manufacturer that has been in the smartphone business since 2014. It focuses on producing budget Android smartphones, which is not surprising, considering the company’s name. Redmi is a sub-brand of Xiaomi, and Redmi 10 is one of the smartphones from that sub-brand. Redmi 10 is a 5.5-inch smartphone that runs on MIUI 10. It is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 processor. The device comes with 4GB RAM and 64GB ROM. The rear camera is 12MP and the front camera is 5MP. It supports dual-SIM dual standby.
If you want to attempt custom development work like custom ROMs, root, modules, and so on, Xiaomi phones are usually a choice. Xiaomi just unveiled the Redmi 10, a new entry-level phone. The Redmi series is well-known for its affordable pricing and high performance. This tutorial is for you if you get your hands on a Redmi 10 and want to root it. Here you will learn how to root the Redmi 10 and unlock the bootloader.
The Redmi 10 has a good set of specs. It comes with a 6.5-inch Full HD display. Yes, it supports a refresh rate of up to 90Hz. It is powered by the MIUI 12.5 operating system, which is based on Android 11. It is equipped with MediaTek’s latest Helio G88 CPU. You wouldn’t think this low-cost phone boasts a 50-megapixel primary camera, as well as an 8-megapixel ultrawide, 2-megapixel macro, and 2-megapixel depth sensor. Even if they utilized the high resolution camera to make the phone seem nice on paper, it still outperforms many phones.
There are a variety of reasons to select a Xiaomi phone, including MIUI and extensive custom development projects. Custom ROMs, Recoveries, Themes, and other customizations for Xiaomi phones are popular among developers. You may also root the Redmi 10 if you don’t want to install a custom ROM but still want enhanced functionality. We’ll also show you how to unlock the Redmi 10’s bootloader in this tutorial.
In comparison to other phones, Xiaomi phones are simple to root. Rooting an Android phone has a lot of benefits since it unlocks all of the advanced functions, even some that are disabled by default. Knowing the root’s progress is very beneficial. If not, you may still check out the most of its functions. Custom fonts, boot animation, third-party themes, and other features are among the fundamental features. Because root needs the bootloader to be unlocked first, let’s look at how to do it on the Redmi 10.
Redmi 10 Bootloader Unlock
The Redmi 10 has a locked bootloader, similar to other Android phones, which prevents it from being modified. Fortunately, Xiaomi phones enable us to unlock the bootloader. Furthermore, unlocking Xiaomi phones is simpler than unlocking phones from other manufacturers. You may unlock the bootloader of your Redmi 10 by following the instructions below.
- To begin, make a complete backup of your phone, since unlocking the bootloader will erase all of your data.
- Next download the official Mi Unlock Tool on your PC. Also, install ADB & Fastboot Drivers on your computer.
- Now go to your Redmi 10’s Settings and sign in to your Mi Account. Then give it at least seven days. You may also give it a go without waiting the whole seven days.
- Then go to Settings > Mi Account > Mi Cloud and enable ‘Sync’ & ‘Find Device.’ Also, Sync all Apps data at least once.
- Return to Settings and then to About Phone. The MIUI version will show ‘You are now a developer’ if you tap it 7-8 times continuously.
- To open developer options, go to Settings > Additional Settings > Developer Options.
- In the developer settings, allow OEM unlocking and USB Debugging.
- Switch on the internet connection on your phone with the same number that you used in the Mi account (this will help to unlock easily). Then again, go to the Developer Options > Mi Unlock Status and link your Mi Account.
- To enter Fastboot mode on your Redmi 10, turn off your smartphone and press and hold the Volume Down + Power buttons together for a long time. When the Mi Bunny picture appears on the phone screen, release both buttons.
- Connect your computer to the internet, then use the Mi Unlock Tool and sign in using the same Mi account as your Redmi 10.
- The tool will recognize your phone and prompt you to press the ‘Unlock Now’ button.
- It will now unlock the Redmi 10’s bootloader, erasing all data in the process.
You can check that the bootloader has been unlocked in Developer Options after it has been unlocked. After restarting, the OEM Unlocking feature must be activated. And after you’ve confirmed that you’re okay to go, you may start the root procedure. Check out the root process files and tools under the requirements section.
How to Root Your Xiaomi Redmi 10 Using Magisk
- Extract the boot.img file from the Redmi 10 firmware and copy it to your PC. 7Zip or WinRAR are two options.
- Now go to your phone’s app store and download the Magisk app.
- Click the Install button on the Magisk program.
- Next, choose ‘Select and Patch a File’ from the drop-down menu.
- Locate and pick the boot.img file. The patching of the boot image will begin.
- The resulting magisk patched.img file may be found in the download folder.
- Copy the result file to the C:adb folder on your PC. Rename the modified file to boot.img as well. Copy the file to the platform tools folder if you’re using platform tools.
- Connect your Redmi 10 to your computer after rebooting it to Fastboot mode.
- Press Shift + Right click on an empty place in the C:adb folder (or platform-tools folder) and choose ‘Open Command window here’ or ‘Open PowerShell window here.’
- You can see whether the device is connected by running the command below, which should provide a device id.
- To flash Magisk and root the Redmi 10, use the command below.
- flash boot boot.img fastboot
- Reboot your device to the system after flashing the modified boot image.
- If Magisk Manager isn’t already installed, do it now.
- After you finish the in-app steps, the device will reboot into the system.
Any third-party app from the Play Store may be used to check for root access. And after you’ve confirmed root access on your Redmi 10, you’ll be able to use all of the advanced capabilities. Many applications and functions need root access, and you may now utilize all of them. Xiaomi phones, as you may be aware, display advertisements on certain system applications, which you may deactivate with root access. Different Xposed Modules may be used to personalize your phone. You may also utilize modules by installing Xposed Framework on your phone.
So there you have it, the full method to rooting the Redmi 10 and unlocking the bootloader. Let us know if you have any questions about the root guide in the comments area.
More Motorola Guides:
Xiaomi is a brand that has been making waves in the Indian Mobile Phone market. Their phones are liked and adored by most of the buyers. They offer the latest Android version and it’s really fast and stable. The Redmi 10 is the latest phone from them which is an upgrade from the Redmi 9. The Redmi 10 has great specifications with 6GB RAM and 128GB internal storage. It has a rear facing camera with a dual camera setup, a 3000mAh battery, and a 16MP rear camera. This is the best Redmi phone to buy in India.. Read more about how to root redmi note 10 pro and let us know what you think.
This article broadly covered the following related topics:
- how to root redmi note 10 without pc
- mi note 10 unlock bootloader
- how to root redmi note 10 pro
- mi unlock
- unlock bootloader xiaomi 2022