Hulu has the largest library of streaming content on the web, but you can only experience it on a few of the best devices. As you know, the Hulu app is compatible with Google’s TV’s Chromecast and Sony’s Android TV. But, it’s not available for Amazon’s Fire TV, Roku, or Apple TV. Thankfully, Hulu’s live TV service offers an even bigger library of live TV channels than its on-demand service, including many of the same TV networks as the on-demand service. And, it’s available on more devices.
In addition to the standard Hulu and Live TV apps, Hulu and Hulu with Live TV also have apps for a variety of set-top boxes, including Amazon Fire TV, Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, and Xbox One. If you’re using one of these devices, you can download the Hulu app directly from your Android TV box or stream video from Hulu titles directly to a connected TV.
List of Hulu + Live TV Supported & Compatible Devices.This article contains full list of devices which are currently supported by Hulu + Live TV service, or which have ever been supported by Hulu + Live TV service.
Shows including Helstrom, Monsterland, The Great, No Man’s Land, The Handmaid’s Tale, Catch-22, and Crime + Punishment are available to stream on Hulu. You can now watch your favorite Hulu TV shows and original movies on a variety of platforms and devices.
With the ad-supported plan, Hulu subscriptions start at $5.99 per month. You may join up for the $11.99 pricing tier if you don’t want to deal with the inconvenience of ad interruptions. Hulu with Live TV is for you if you want to stream live events, sports, news, and more binge-watching choices. The monthly costs for this membership plan are $64.99.
Now that you’ve created a Hulu account and chosen a subscription plan, see whether your gadget or streaming media player is compatible with the Hulu app or website, as well as Hulu + Live TV programming.
YET TO OPEN AN ACCOUNT? Here’s where you can get a free Hulu trial.
Complete List of Devices & Streaming Media Players that Support or are Compatible with Hulu Website or App
This is not a comprehensive list; it only includes devices that supported the Hulu app at the time of publishing. We’ll do our best to update this list when new streaming media players, game consoles, smart TVs, mobile devices, and PCs become available.
Smartphones & Tablets
- Android devices running version 5.0 or higher
- iPad Air, iPad mini 2, 3, and 4, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro, iPad 5th generation, and iPad Air 2
- iPhone 5S and above
- 6th generation iPod Touch or later
- Amazon Fire Tablet 5th generation or later, Amazon Fire HD 6 Tablet 4th generation, Amazon Fire HD 7 Tablet 4th generation, Amazon Fire HD 8 5th generation or later, Amazon Fire HDX 8.9 4th generation, and Amazon Fire HD 10 5th generation and above, all running Fire OS 5 or later
DEALS RECOMMENDED: Android Phones, Tablets, iPhones, iPads, and Amazon Fire Tablets
Players for Streaming
- Apple TV 4K, Apple TV 4th generation, Apple TV 3rd generation, Apple TV 4th generation, Apple TV 4th generation, Apple TV 4th generation, Apple TV 4th generation
- Google TV with Chromecast
- Shield by Nvidia
- 3rd generation or later Amazon Fire TV
- Fire TV Stick from Amazon
- The Amazon Fire TV Stick Lite is a smaller version of the Amazon Fire TV Stick.
- Fire TV Stick 4K (Amazon)
- Amazon Echo Show (Amazon Echo Show)
- Roku players with firmware version 8.1 or higher
- Xfinity Flex is a service provided by Xfinity.
- Xfinity X1 is a cable television service provided by Xfinity.
Apple TV, Chromecast with Google TV, Amazon Fire TV, and Roku Players are RECOMMENDED DEALS.
View Deals on Hulu Streaming App for LG Smart TV/LG
- Android TV with HiSense
- 2015 or later Sony Bravia Android TV
- Xiaomi Television
- LG Smart TVs that use webOS 3.5 or above
- Roku TV from LG
- Roku TV from TCL
- Roku TV with HiSense
- Samsung Smart TV models from 2016 or after
- SmartCast TVs from VIZIO
- Smart TV VIZIO
DEALS RECOMMENDED: HiSense TVs, Sony TVs, LG TVs, Roku TVs, Samsung TVs, and VIZIO TVs
Video Game Consoles
- Nintendo Switch is a game console that was released in
- PlayStation 3 (no support for Hulu + Live TV)
- PlayStation 4 is a game console that was released in
- PlayStation 5 (PS5)
- Xbox 360
- Xbox One
- Xbox One S is a console developed by Microsoft.
- Xbox One X (Series X)
- S-Series Xbox
RECOMMENDED DEALS: PlayStation 3, PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5, Xbox One S, Xbox One X, Xbox One S, Xbox One S, Xbox One S, Xbox One S, Xbox One S, Xbox One S, Xbox One S, Xbox One S, Xbox One S,
Desktop & Laptop Computers
- Mac OS X 10.13 or later is required.
- Microsoft Windows 10 or 11 on a Windows PC
- Chrome OS on a Chromebook
Browsers (internet browsers)
- Firefox is a web browser developed by Mozilla.
- Microsoft Edge is a browser developed by Microsoft.
- Chrome is a web browser developed by Google.
- Safari is Apple’s web browser.
That concludes our discussion. Does the Hulu app or viewing events on Hulu with Live TV work on your home streaming devices? We’re curious, so please let us know in the comments section below.
YET TO OPEN AN ACCOUNT? Here’s where you can get a 30-day free trial of Hulu.
The list of Hulu + Live TV Supported & Compatible Devices is constantly updated. We at goldenduck.net try to keep this list as accurate as possible. The list is generated from web requests to live.hulu.com/provider/device_type.. Read more about hulu + live tv free trial and let us know what you think.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are all TVs compatible with Hulu live?
Yes, all TVs are compatible with Hulu live.
How many TVs does Hulu live support?
Hulu supports a wide range of TVs and devices. The number of TVs that Hulu supports is not publicly known.
Why cant I watch Hulu live on my TV?
Hulu has a streaming option that requires a cable subscription.